The lovely Taylor Eaton at Little White Lies has nominated me for the Liebster award!
Thank you very much Taylor!! 🙂
This award is a way to celebrate and promote new, up and coming blogs.
Taylor chose her 10 favourite blogs to nominate and I’ve now chosen mine (see the list below). The blogs I chose had to have fewer than 200 followers, which has made the task of choosing them even trickier, so I only have 5. What’s that phrase? It’s quality, not quantity that counts!!
Please take a look at these blogs – they are all fantastic!!
M C Dulac because I like the combination of art and short stories.
Read Me My Writes because this bloglooks cool and Bree puts up lots of inspirational prompts for writers.
Roy Marshall because Roy is lovely and he’s a great poet, who posts interesting interviews.
The Leeds Big Bookend because I love this festival and lots of different people post here.
The Readersphere because this is a very new blog but it’s going to be a great one.
As part of the Liebster award rules, I have answered 10 questions, and set 10 new ones for my award nominees.
My ten answers:
1. If you had 24 hours to spend however you wanted, what would you do with them?
I’m generally very busy so I might be tempted just to slob around reading books, but it’s more likely I’d go somewhere beautiful for the day with friends and then out for food with them. Or maybe I’d do something cultural, go somewhere like Stonehenge. Or to a festival. Can I do all that in 24 hours??
2. Why did you start your blog?
Because I thought it was about time I set one up, and I was keen to do a flash fiction challenge where I wrote a short story every day. I knew that if I had a blog, I’d have to keep writing and putting my flash fictions up.
3. Do you listen to music while writing/painting/editing/drawing/creating? What kind?
Generally, I can’t listen to music while writing because it gets in the way of the rhythm of the words. I tend to read my stuff out loud a lot too, so music wouldn’t be helpful.
4. Where do you draw your inspiration from?
Most of the time I don’t know. My subconscious is very clever and comes up with all these little ideas or images or phrases or characters, and then I work from there to make a story.
5. What is one skill you wish you possessed?
The ability to not be affected by the moods of others.
6. What is one superpower you wish you possessed?
The ability to make everyone feel better all the time.
7. What is your favourite blog post that you’ve posted so far?
Hmmm…. that’s difficult. I have a few favourite flash fictions, but I like the blog I put up half way through the challenge; this one.
8. Which dinosaur is the coolest?
The Stegosaurus, clearly. 🙂
9. What is your favourite book/story/billboard/whatever that you’ve read in the last year?
Sheesh! Er… I really enjoyed the first book of the Hunger Games, I really enjoyed ‘My Sister Lives on the Mantelpiece’ by Annabel Pitcher… I read a lot of kids stuff and Young Adult.
10. If you were reincarnated as a past historical figure, who would you want to be?
Good question! Jane Austen’s sister?
My ten questions for nominees to answer:
1. If you could only save three items from your home, what would they be?
2. Which habit of yours annoys your partner / housemates the most?
3. If you could be any superhero or mythic god for a day, which one would you choose and why?
4. What’s the worst lie you’ve told to get out of something you didn’t want to do? (this includes pulling a sickie at work)
5. What book, poem or film do you wish you had written / directed?
6. How would your friends describe you, in five words?
7. Why do you have a blog?
8. What one thing do you find most helpful when writing / blogging? e.g. silence / music / biscuits
9. What’s been the most fun thing about blogging so far?
10. What’s the hardest thing about blogging?
Rules of the Liebster Award:
- Each nominee must link back to the person who nominated them.
- Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.